Honey and Ale Pulled Chicken Sliders
Score big with your guests with a little bit of sweet heat! This recipe works well for a football party—the extra liquid in the slow cooker keeps it nice and juicy all day long. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- 3/4 cup brown ale
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 12 slider buns
- Sweet pickles and additional Sriracha sauce, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Add chicken and ale; toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove meat; when cool enough to handle, shred with two forks.
- Strain cooking juices; skim fat. Transfer juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken to the sauce; toss to coat. Serve on buns, with pickles and additional Sriracha sauce if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 224 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Honey Sriracha Pulled Beer Chicken Slider in Taste of Home December 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.