Honey and Ale Pulled Chicken Sliders
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
- 3/4 cup brown ale
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 12 slider buns
- Sweet pickles and additional Sriracha sauce, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add chicken and ale; toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove meat; when cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks.
- Strain cooking juices; skim fat. Transfer juices to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into saucepan. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken to the sauce; toss to coat. Serve on buns, with pickles and additional Sriracha sauce if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 224 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 7, 2019
I made this recipe as written and would not change anything. Spice level was low if you worry about the heat.
Oct 7, 2018
Made the crockpot chicken and sauce exactly as written. We all enjoyed the chicken better WITHOUT the sauce (which is great! Next time I will just skip that step.) The flavor is crowd-pleasing and mild (the spice of the sriracha completely dissipates in the slow cooker, so don't worry about it being too spicy.) I did not shred it, just served big pieces of chicken thighs on buns. The spice mixture makes the chicken look pretty right out of the slow cooker (very unusual for a slow cooker recipe.) My husband enjoyed adding BBQ sauce. Overall, the best crowd-pleasing slow cooker chicken I've made (and I've tried a lot!)