Mac & Cheese Pork Sliders
I love pork sliders! This sweet and savory recipe was created out of leftover ingredients I had in my fridge. It is perfect for a weeknight meal or special-occasion potluck. —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (18 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecue shredded pork, warmed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta; stir into cheese sauce. Set aside.
- Place roll bottoms in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with pork, pasta mixture and roll tops. Combine melted butter, honey and mustard. Brush over roll tops.
- Bake until tops are golden brown and filling is hot, 10-12 minutes. If desired, top with jalapeno pepper slices.