Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 18 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar. Add cucumber and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, onions, salt, pepper flakes and mushrooms. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the water, peanut butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and chili sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve burgers on rolls with sauce and sliced cucumber.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 246 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2018
I have made this twice now and the whole family loves them! Even people who do not like mushrooms love these burgers! The sliders are very juicy and delicious! I will be making them often.