Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- SPICY PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 18 dinner rolls, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar. Add cucumber and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, onions, salt, pepper flakes and mushrooms. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the water, peanut butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and chili sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve burgers on rolls with sauce and sliced cucumber.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 246 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein
Jun 7, 2018
I have made this twice now and the whole family loves them! Even people who do not like mushrooms love these burgers! The sliders are very juicy and delicious! I will be making them often.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.