Buffalo Chicken Sliders
I got the idea for these sliders from my mom and dad, who'd made a similar version for a family get-together. It's a versatile recipe, and I sometimes use several different styles of buffalo sauce and let guests mix and match their favorites. —Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, warmed
- Optional ingredients: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion and crumbled blue cheese
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Toss with 2 tablespoons hot sauce and pepper; cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; discard cooking juices. In a small saucepan, combine butter, honey and remaining hot sauce; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Shred chicken with two forks; stir into sauce and heat through. Serve on rolls with optional ingredients as desired. Freeze option: Freeze cooled chicken mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring occasionally and adding a little water or broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 396 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Sliders in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.