Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Chill sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce and slaw.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 195 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 13, 2018
Loved this recipe! Always looking for something different to cook for my husband while he is farming! This was a hit! Made it just as recipe said and I had a second sandwich and did not Grill the sweet bun and I will just say this grilling the sweet bun is the key it was much better than the un grilled one. I am not a big fan of sour cream but the sour cream and the lime juice it was wonderful and you could not tell that it was sour cream.Next time I might even try mixing the sour cream in with the slaw.
Feb 16, 2016
I made this for the Superbowl and everyone loved them and wanted the recipe! Will definitely make these again.
Aug 30, 2014
I'm in heaven. These are SO, SO, SO, SO good! Made them exactly as described, grilled them on my stovetop grill...but didn't use lettuce and tomato because the extremely yummy and refreshing slaw was enough. This goes in my Keeper file for sure. Thank you Janet Hynes! This recipe hit the spot!
Aug 15, 2014
These are awesome. I have made them twice now; I used regular hamburger buns the first time and the Hawaiian hamburger buns the second time. Both were great. Love the flavor of the slaw, lime sour cream and chicken altogether. Even my picky eater loved them.
Jul 15, 2014
I made these the lazy way: frozen breaded chicken patties and pre-made coleslaw. I sprinkled the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper on the chicken patties after I heated them in the oven. Topped it with lettuce, tomato, and put it on a Hawaiian bun. Delicious! Next time I'll follow the recipe to see how it turns out.
Jul 11, 2014
These are amazing!
Jul 9, 2014
These were so good! Will definitely make them again. I love lime and chicken together.
Jun 29, 2014
I made these wthout the slaw and they were tasty
Jan 22, 2014
You won't find a more flavorful slider out there! The combination of the citrus and chicken is great. The sweet bun really helps bring this recipe over the top. I usually like to tweak a recipe but this is one that I go with as it. It is so YUMMY!
Oct 19, 2013
Taste great added extra seasonings, turned out perfect!