Chicken Sliders with Sesame Slaw
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- SESAME SLAW:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 20 slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- Place onion and chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, teriyaki sauce, sherry, ginger and salt. Pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 6-7 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha sauce until blended. Stir in coleslaw mix, cherries and cilantro. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/4 cup chicken mixture on each bun bottom; top with about 2 tablespoons slaw. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 255 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 21, 2018
A slow cooker recipe that yields great results! I used chicken tenderloins instead of thighs and doubled the sauce ingredients, keeping the sherry and salt the same. Instead of fresh ginger, I used some ground ginger. I did add a little brown sugar at the end of cooking to sweeten the sauce just a bit and thickened it by stirring some flour into a cup of the cooking liquid and then returned it to the pot. The slaw was delicious and I used sweet Hawaiian slider buns. Will definitely make this again!Volunteer Field Editor
Aug 18, 2015
So flavorful!! And I love the crunchy slaw