Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, ketchup, garlic and mustard. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and steak sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 261 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Aug 13, 2014
I didn't have blackberry jam but I did have leftover jellied cranberry sauce so I used that with a little added honey over the pork chops. My toddlers ate it all which is always the hardest earned seal of approval!
May 1, 2014
My stars are for the blackberry sauce. I did not make the chops....I made a pork tenderloin in the crockpot. This sauce is delicious! Will be a staple in the family now.
Jan 1, 2011
I baked the boneless pork chops covered in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes as they were thick. I then poured the sauce over them. It was very good.
Oct 19, 2010
My family loved this recipe. I even used the sugar free blackberry spreadable fruit and worked great!
Nov 26, 2009
This sauce is so good I may not make pork chops again without making blackberry sauce. It adds a little exta special flavor to the chops. I think it would taste really good on ribs too!! It's also a very quick item to make.
Apr 19, 2009
Delicious easy recipe. Definitely will be making this recipe again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.