Pork Chops with Nectarine Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 medium nectarines or peeled peaches, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasonings. Dredge lightly with flour. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chops until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add onion to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add nectarines; cook until lightly browned on both sides. Stir in broth and, if desired, honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until nectarines are softened and sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce: 330 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2019
Delicious and very easy. I made these with plumbs instead of nectarines because that's what was in the store at this time of year, and it worked very well. I'll also admit I doubled the spices rubbed on the pork with no regrets. Will definitely be adding this to my recipe box!
Jul 6, 2017
I halved this recipe for the two of us, using two nectarines. Next time I will make the full amount of sauce because it is just so, so delicious. The only real change I made was to substitute crushed rosemary for the thyme. I served it with couscous to which I added chopped pistachios. My husband gobbled it down.I may try this sauce with other meats, such as chicken. This meal goes into our menu rotation!