Pork Chops with Orange Sauce
Tangy orange flavors the marinade and sweet sauce that dress up these tender and juicy chops. Add mashed potatoes or rice and a simple side salad for a fuss-free supper. Mary Chandler - Grand Tower, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour a scant 1 cup into a large bowl. Add pork chops; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops.