Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Combine paprika and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops. Brown chops in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the orange juice, sugar, cloves and orange zest; pour over pork. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard cloves. Serve sauce with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 288 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Apr 28, 2010
I can honestly say that this is the only Taste of Home recipe I have not kept. None of the flavors matched up, it was all I could do to just eat one! Sorry.
Mar 28, 2010
I would use two heads of minced garlic, chopped onion, bone in chops! The chops on the bone are always more tender.......using a lid is a good idea. This recipe is too bland, jazz it up a notch!!!
Mar 26, 2010
Ok but not good. Too much orange flavor and not much of anything else. Had the ceremonial shredding of the recipe then poked around the kitchen looking for something else to eat.
Mar 25, 2010
to kwhelpley -- I have found through experience that if your porkchops are tough, you cooked them too long. To make them tender, you must continue to cook them for a longer period with moisture, covered with a lid to keep them moist. Hope this helps.
Mar 25, 2010
The sauce was great, but the chops were tough. I bought a high-end cut of pork loin, because pork chops ALWAYS come out tough for me, no matter what I do-bake, grill, or stovetop. Any helpful hints?
Mar 26, 2008
I made these for dinner, just didn't include the sugar, and they were fantastic! My 3 young, picky eater sons, gobbled them up and asked for more!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.