Pork Chops with Orange Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle rice into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Add juice; arrange chops over rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour soup over chops.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145° and rice is tender. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 549 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Oct 23, 2015
My mom made this dinner often while I was growing up. I am in my 40's and I still love it.
Jul 14, 2014
We loved this and can't wait to make this for family and friends!
Aug 4, 2012
I've relied on this super quick and easy recipe for years. With only a few ingredients, it produces a dish you'll be proud to serve and your family will love.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.