Orange-Cashew Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup oranges and 2 tablespoons juice (save remainder for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the cashews, broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; set aside. In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add cashew mixture; cook 1 minute longer. Add the bok choy, chives and reserved oranges; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Mar 6, 2017
I was disappointed with this dish. It seemed to lack flavor, rather bland. Thank goodness for the cashews. I will not be making this again.
Jan 2, 2013
Very quick and easy to make. It was a bit salty, so I will likely cut the soy sauce in half next time.
Aug 11, 2011
We don't care for bok choy so I use celery. Also I double the sauce. Great use for leftover rotiss. chicken. Excellent leftovers; we make this alot!
Apr 19, 2010
We have made this recipe several times and love it! Light and refreshing.