Orange-Cashew Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving 1/2 cup oranges and 2 tablespoons juice (save remainder for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the cashews, broth, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and reserved juice; set aside. In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add cashew mixture; cook 1 minute longer. Add the bok choy, chives and reserved oranges; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork; serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 389 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1249mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 6, 2017
I was disappointed with this dish. It seemed to lack flavor, rather bland. Thank goodness for the cashews. I will not be making this again.
Jan 2, 2013
Very quick and easy to make. It was a bit salty, so I will likely cut the soy sauce in half next time.
Aug 11, 2011
We don't care for bok choy so I use celery. Also I double the sauce. Great use for leftover rotiss. chicken. Excellent leftovers; we make this alot!
Apr 19, 2010
We have made this recipe several times and love it! Light and refreshing.