Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, green pepper and green onions. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, wine, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce (calculated without rice) : 334 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1181mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 3, 2016
I thought the sauce was a little on the salty side, but that didn't phase my family. The pork was falling apart tender and I will definitely be preparing this meal again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.