Pork Chops with Cumin Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Dissolve bouillon in water pour into skillet and stir to loosen the browned bits. Stir in the rice, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce and cumin.
- Place chops over rice. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear and rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2009
Easy to make and really tasty!! Thanks for the recipe. Will definitly make again.
Jul 7, 2009
Mmmmm - delicious! My whole family loved the recipe; quite flavourful! I doubled the rice and water, and doubled the baking time as well. Thanks for a yummy one!