Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano; rub over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Stir the cream cheese, butter and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain noodles; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with pork chops. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1 cup noodles: 642 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Aug 1, 2019
My husband and both my kids LOVED this recipe and the kids don't even like mustard. I followed it exactly and had a side of peas with it. Next time I'll add the peas right into the pasta as that's what we all did anyhow. The flavor was spectacular and I will definitely be making this again.
Jan 9, 2019
Like everyone else has said, fast, easy and delicious! I just didn't add in the noodles, served them separately, since my husband will only eat egg noodles with butter. And I put most of the gravy into a bowl, so we could just take as much as we wanted of the sauce. Thankfully, I made more than enough of both the gravy and noodles, so we can have those leftovers later! I also used a pork tenderloin instead of pork chops, because we prefer those.
Sep 25, 2018
Very tasty! Quick and easy to prepare. We especially enjoyed the noodles.
Jun 11, 2018
So very good! A quick weeknight meal.
May 18, 2018
Loved this recipe. I didn't have cream cheese so I just added a large dollop of sour cream and it turned out wonderfully. I will definitely be making this again--and often! My husband REALLY liked the noodles!
May 11, 2018
Since I did not follow directions only giving 4 stars. Used Italian seasoning on the chops & put a lid on the pan the chops were cooking in and they made a lot of their own "broth" so I eliminated the beef broth and water. Used 8 oz of cream cheese (not whipped) split between noodles and skillet "broth" plus spicy stone ground mustard. Made a nice thick sauce and we really enjoyed the meal!
May 6, 2018
To much mustard .did. half and added pork broth
May 3, 2018
I swapped out the water for white wine and added a very large clove of garlic, pressed to the sauce. Quick and very tasty
Dec 11, 2017
We loved this. I used stone ground and Dijon for the mustard, since that's what I had on hand. Only wish the sauce would have thickened up a bit. Will make again!
Nov 27, 2017
Very good....followed recipe just as described! Pork turned out perfect. Noodles had great flavor just a tad to rich for my liking....next time will go with only 1/2 cup of cream cheese. Otherwise great dish.