Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Noodles
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano; rub over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. Stir the cream cheese, butter and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain noodles; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with pork chops. Garnish with parsley.
1 pork chop with 1 cup noodles: 642 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 1175mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Jan 9, 2019Like everyone else has said, fast, easy and delicious! I just didn't add in the noodles, served them separately, since my husband will only eat egg noodles with butter. And I put most of the gravy into a bowl, so we could just take as much as we wanted of the sauce. Thankfully, I made more than enough of both the gravy and noodles, so we can have those leftovers later! I also used a pork tenderloin instead of pork chops, because we prefer those.
Sep 25, 2018Very tasty! Quick and easy to prepare. We especially enjoyed the noodles.
Jun 11, 2018So very good! A quick weeknight meal.
May 18, 2018
Loved this recipe. I didn't have cream cheese so I just added a large dollop of sour cream and it turned out wonderfully. I will definitely be making this again--and often! My husband REALLY liked the noodles!
May 11, 2018
Since I did not follow directions only giving 4 stars. Used Italian seasoning on the chops & put a lid on the pan the chops were cooking in and they made a lot of their own "broth" so I eliminated the beef broth and water. Used 8 oz of cream cheese (not whipped) split between noodles and skillet "broth" plus spicy stone ground mustard. Made a nice thick sauce and we really enjoyed the meal!
May 6, 2018
To much mustard .did. half and added pork broth
May 3, 2018
I swapped out the water for white wine and added a very large clove of garlic, pressed to the sauce. Quick and very tasty
Dec 11, 2017
We loved this. I used stone ground and Dijon for the mustard, since that's what I had on hand. Only wish the sauce would have thickened up a bit. Will make again!
Nov 27, 2017
Very good....followed recipe just as described! Pork turned out perfect. Noodles had great flavor just a tad to rich for my liking....next time will go with only 1/2 cup of cream cheese. Otherwise great dish.
May 20, 2017
This dish was a big hit in our house. Will definitely make again!