Pork Chops with Chimichurri
Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinian marinade/sauce that is usually paired with steak but this herbacious sauce is a wonderful accompaniment to pork as well.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, place the herbs, vinegar, garlic and seasonings in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add water; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with chops.