Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve chops with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 263 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Nov 18, 2016
It doesn't get any easier or quicker than this...fantastic sauce that is tangy and yummy!
Feb 16, 2015
this is a really good recipe I will definitely make these again.
Jan 30, 2015
Very tasty sauce! Even my pork chop-hating daughter loves this one!
Aug 2, 2014
I have made this several times. I usually only have regular onion on hand so I use that instead of the green onion. I have also never used the tablespoon of chicken broth, just so i didn't have to open a brand new can for that little bit. It still turns out great! My husband loves it. A recipe we go to again and again.
Apr 7, 2014
We thoroughly enjoyed these pork chops. They were easy to make. I made the sauce before cooking the chops and kept it warm. We loved the taste.... Makes an elegant presentation. I agree, the nutmeg was a great addition to the pepper.
Feb 23, 2013
Husband and I loved the this recipe! Made it exactly as written. Will do this again.
Feb 20, 2013
This recipe is easy and is most delicious.
Oct 15, 2012
Had taken out some pork chops for dinner for my husband, but he had to leave to work early. He's a plain guy, nothing on. So I ended up making them just for myself, and I wanted something different than plain. Found this recipe, was this ever good and easy. Will make it again.
Mar 26, 2012
Deceptively simple to make and delicious. Easy enough for a week night dinner but fancy enough to serve to company. Im adding this recipe to my do again list.
Feb 15, 2011
Looked the blue cheese sauce. I'm telling you make mashed potato's with this dish and your loved ones will give you a high 5!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.