Pork Chops with Cranberries
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add cranberries; cook 5 minutes longer or until the berries pop. Skim off foam if necessary. Stir in barbecue sauce and remaining water; set aside.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops on both sides in oil; drain. Pour the cranberry sauce over chops. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2011
We really enjoyed this.I used frozen cranberries and a mix of barbecue sauces,sweet with tangy.pretty tasty.It's a keeper.
Mar 16, 2008
This looks great! You always know that when meat is in a slow cooker, The Meat WILL BE TENDER... ;-)Susan
Feb 13, 2008
Try this too!