Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Apple Chutney
The zingy-sweet fruit compote complements the spices in the rub in this juicy pork roast that can be your holiday headliner. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes4 servings (1 cup chutney)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425°. Mix first five ingredients; rub over pork. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 20-30 minutes. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup chutney: 350 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Roast Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Apple Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.