Pork Chops with Rhubarb
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper; add pork chops and turn to coat. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the rhubarb, honey and cinnamon to the skillet; cook until rhubarb is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over pork chops. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 390 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein.
Mar 8, 2020
Easy, quick, with a browned exterior and tender inside. Love the savory and sweet combo of flavors although a little more honey would make the dish even better.
Jun 21, 2011
Very interesting..served with rice. may put a little more honey next time..
Mar 29, 2011
The rhubarb sauce is very tasty, but needs way more than 1 Tbsp of honey - more like at least 3. I didn't measure but kept adding "to taste". Still mildly tart, but edible.