Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops
A moist cornbread-cranberry stuffing complements these tender chops from Loree Reininger of Polk City, Florida. The recipe can easily be doubled for company.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Brush with jelly.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 326 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Cranberry & Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008