Strawberry Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (1/4-inch slices)
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette, onion, brown sugar, paprika and Worcestershire sauce; set aside. Combine rosemary and pepper; rub over both sides of pork chops.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Pour vinaigrette mixture over meat; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pork juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Add strawberries to the cooking juices and toss to coat; serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 365 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 16, 2012
I liked the sauce, but next time I think I'll skip the strawberries.
May 6, 2012
I was looking for a new take on pork chops and this was the ticket. It was a fun recipe with good flavor. I would make it again.
Apr 10, 2011
I just picked these berries yesterday and used them in this recipe - what a hit! I love fruit with pork so it was a natural. I only substituted one thing - used Ken's Raspberry Pecan fat free dressing in lieu of the vinagrette - wonderful. Took half the raspberry sauce and half the berries and made my daughter's vegetarian 'chik'n' patties in the sauce as well. An amazing hit for her too.
Mar 23, 2010
the aroma while cooking is wonderful