Cranberry-Apricot Pork Tenderloins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until fruit is softened, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloins so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic. Spread with fruit mixture to within 3/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string at 1-1/2-in. intervals.
- Line a shallow pan with heavy-duty foil. Place meat on a rack in prepared pan. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pound: 219 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2017
Very tasty but we think the recipe is incorrect when it calls for only 3Tbsp of water.
Dec 16, 2014
I did it tonight and it was very delicious. I am thinking of cooking for Christmas eve, but don't know how much I should do for 30 people. I will have other dishes too.