Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over pork. Bake 10-17 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 350 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2013
One of my favorite pork tenderloin recipes. Something about the apricot really adds to the flavor of the pork. (I make with chicken broth vs. Sherry)Coupon for $1 off of any fresh pork product. Use it before it disappears!!! http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/hurry-1-off-any-fresh-pork-facebook-coupon.html
Apr 29, 2013
But, pork was not cooked in 30 minutes, and had to be cooked for another 30.I changed the glaze for Tangerine, and I used a alb pork loin. This could be the cause for the undercooking. But, I liked it and I will do it again!
Mar 12, 2013
My boyfriend said this was the best dish I have ever cooked! I followed the recipe exactly except I left out the thyme. I was simple and delicious. The meat was tender, juicy and flavorful. The leftovers were all gone before bedtime!I made this again for a family gathering of 15 people. EVERYONE loved this and asked for the recipe. I made 4 tenderloins and they were all gone! Definitely a keeper recipe!
May 5, 2012
I love this recipe. It has made the recipe box I keep for good dinner choices. The pork is not over taken with a fruity taste which I like.
Nov 20, 2011
This was SO delicious!! Amazing flavors when I'm normally not a fan of fruit with meat!
Oct 25, 2010
quick easy and good. great for when company comes and delicious.
May 18, 2010
My husband dosen't realy like fruit. However he loved this one.