Pork Chops with Apricot Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Mix ginger, salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub onto both sides of chops. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, hoisin sauce and pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for brushing chops after grilling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining sauce during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Brush chops with reserved sauce; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 399 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 16, 2013
My husband loved this dish, and he is a very picky eater. Pantry ingredients make this a great weeknight dinner.
Dec 11, 2011
Excellent flavor but NOT low calorie. I agree with my fellow reviewer.
Sep 18, 2011
Loved this recipe! I thought it was fairly high calorie for something considered "light," so I just made it a 4oz serving of pork rather than 6oz. Absolutely delicious!
Sep 11, 2011
These chops were very tasty, and my 2 year old son gobbled them up. He even asked for the sauce on his green beans (and it was quite good on them!)