Pork Chops with Apricot Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Mix ginger, salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub onto both sides of chops. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, hoisin sauce and pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup for brushing chops after grilling.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining sauce during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Brush chops with reserved sauce; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 399 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Jan 16, 2013
My husband loved this dish, and he is a very picky eater. Pantry ingredients make this a great weeknight dinner.
Dec 11, 2011
Excellent flavor but NOT low calorie. I agree with my fellow reviewer.
Sep 18, 2011
Loved this recipe! I thought it was fairly high calorie for something considered "light," so I just made it a 4oz serving of pork rather than 6oz. Absolutely delicious!
Sep 11, 2011
These chops were very tasty, and my 2 year old son gobbled them up. He even asked for the sauce on his green beans (and it was quite good on them!)