Pork Chops with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, whisk the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 715 calories, 41g fat (17g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 46g protein.
Apr 10, 2020
Delicious, I used the sauce on NY Strip Steaks, was amazing. For anyone saying the sauce was too thin, it's a balsamic reduction. Simmer it on low for like 20 -30 minutes until it's been reduced by half, THEN add the butter.
Jul 18, 2018
It's ok. For thin sauce just make up some slurry- 1 tbs of cornstarch 3 tbs of water, mix and add to sauce. It made it less of a pork loin soup.
Mar 28, 2018
I haven't tried this yet, but I would not cook it medium - rare. I don't want to eat rare pork.
May 18, 2017
This sauce was delicious but never thickened after being reduced. I didn't stir in the 1/4 c butter at the end. It would just make it thinner.So I melted 1Tb butter and whisk in 1Tb flour, then slowly stirred in the thin glaze. Also had to add a bit of chicken broth when it got a bit too thick. Then it was perfect.. I will make the sauce again but with the butter flour thickener.
Apr 28, 2017
My sauce turned into a sticky mess. Maybe I used too much honey.
Feb 19, 2017
The sauce is what makes the dish!! Gotta have the sauce! I'll make it again because we all loved it.
Feb 13, 2017
I've been making this for years with lamb chops. Balsamic and rosemary pair beautifully with lamb. I use shallots instead of scallions and sometimes substitute balsamic cream for the vinegar. It makes a thicker sauce. Also a little thyme is great. Thanks for sharing the idea with pork.
Feb 8, 2017
Wonderful flavors and not too long or complicated on the preparation. My oldest son loves these and pork chops are not even his favorite meat. Don't leave anything out--I didn't change a thing.
Jan 3, 2017
I'm not crazy about pork chops, but these I could eat everyday!!!! This is an awesome recipe and would recommend it to everyone!!!!
Nov 1, 2016
Fantastic! I made these for a friend on girl's night and she immediately asked for the recipe. Don't change a thing about this!