Pork Chops with Chipotle Cherry Glaze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet, cook chops, uncovered, in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the sweet cherries, orange juice, dried cherries, vinegar, chipotle peppers, marmalade and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over chops; sprinkle with almonds and green onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2013
I'm a beginner cook and not only was this simple to make for me but it was the best dang pork chop I've made ever! I loved it!
Aug 3, 2012
I don't eat pork. Has anyone tried this with chicken breast?
Aug 2, 2012
I am totally opposed to all sugars. I can do the substituting. However, I would love you u to include the sugar grams in each recipe.The chops are great, and the other levels are good. I just would love to know the sugar grams