Ginger Pork Stir-Fry
My recipe box is full of delicious pork recipes, but this fast-to-fix stir-fry really stands out from the rest. My family loves the citrus glaze that coats the tender pork and vegetables. Ginger, garlic and orange juice provide its terrific taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; drain. add the onion, peas and red pepper; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir orange juice mixture and add the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Ginger Pork Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.