Moo Shu Pork Stir-Fry
This is a delicious moo shu pork recipe that I adapted to meet our family's tastes. Cutting the ingredients into small pieces makes for a very quick stir-fry. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth, divided
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 can (5 ounces) bamboo shoots
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, mix hoisin, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sherry and 1 teaspoon cornstarch until smooth. Add meat; toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix broth, sesame oil, sugar and remaining soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Pour in eggs. Mixture should set immediately. Swirl pan to move uncooked portions toward the outside. When eggs are set and no liquid remains, roll up egg. Slide onto cutting surface; cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry mushrooms 4 minutes. Add carrots, bean sprouts, bamboo shoots and onions; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- Add pork to skillet; stir fry 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return vegetables and eggs to pan; heat through. Serve with rice.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.