Mandarin Pork Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, garlic powder and ginger. Stir in orange juice until smooth. Stir in water and soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry pork in oil until juices run clear; remove to a platter and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry peas until tender. Return pork to skillet. Stir orange juice mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in oranges. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 473 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 3, 2019
This was a quick easy dish to make. I also thought it also needed more spices.
Apr 8, 2018
To Selena K: After reading your review, I think when I make this I'm going to add either some of the spices listed or 5 spice powder to the meat before cooking it to see if that helps liven it up a bit. Also, I rarely make an Asian dish without adding additional vegetables but that's personal preference. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!
Oct 25, 2016
Followed the recipe exactly. Felt there was something lacking flavor wise and can not figure what was missing. Maybe green onion? It is fast and easy and had ingredients on hand.
Jun 13, 2016
Basmati rice or even basic brown rice work well with this dish.The orange flavor is a nice twist on regular soy/sesame Asian dishes.
Apr 14, 2016
This is one of my family's new favorite! Super quick and easy.
Mar 14, 2016
Loved this simple and fast combination. I tossed with thin speghetti instead of rice. Great for kids!