Quick Ginger Pork
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Optional: Thinly sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add to skillet. Combine water and cornstarch until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 216 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 19, 2018
As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew it would need a little work, to amp up the flavors. So, I marinated the pork in the soy and ginger, increasing the amount of ginger to 1/2 teaspoon, in a covered dish in the fridge for 30 minutes. That made the pork very tender and just the right amount of flavor. I used an Asian flavored 90 second rice, and did add the suggested options of green onions and sesame seeds. I liked the idea of using the meat cut into strips instead of chunks. Instead of cold water to mix with the cornstarch, I used cold coffee, and that made the flavors deeper and more rich. Good idea, just needed some tweaking. Now it is one of our favorites.
Oct 22, 2017
This is OK, but bland. I added onion and was glad I did. Maybe some red pepper flakes would be helpful, but I will never know. My husband said,"don't make it again".
Nov 22, 2015
Love this! Quick and simple - perfect for a busy day! I had leftover pork loin, and added some broccoli florets, and the family loved this. No leftovers, which is always a sign that I can add this to our rotation. Thank you!