Ginger Beer Pulled Pork
This is just one of the many ways I like to cook pork. My family likes the ginger flavor and also enjoy drinking ginger beer. A bit different, but delicious! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 8 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine garlic salt and ginger; rub onto all sides of roast. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides, 5-8 minutes. Add onion; cook until softened.
- Transfer pork, onion and drippings to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in next seven ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred roast with two forks. Stir 1-1/2 cups cooking juices into shredded meat; mix well. Serve on buns with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips