Ginger Beer Pulled Pork
This is just one of the many ways I like to cook pork. My family likes the ginger flavor and also enjoy drinking ginger beer. A bit different, but delicious! —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 8 sandwich buns, split and toasted
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Combine garlic salt and ginger; rub onto all sides of roast. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides, 5-8 minutes. Add onion; cook until softened.
- Transfer pork, onion and drippings to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in next seven ingredients.
- Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred roast with two forks. Stir 1-1/2 cups cooking juices into shredded meat; mix well. Serve on buns with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 495 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Ginger Beer Pulled Pork in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.