Pineapple Mango Pulled Pork
I love mangoes and pineapple. They go so well with pork. Serve these little sandwiches with a spring salad. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cans (11.30 ounces each) mango nectar
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 Hawaiian sweet hamburger buns
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- Rub salt and pepper over roast. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix the mango nectar, pineapple, chutney, lemon juice and zest. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Cool slightly.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Strain cooking juices, discarding fruit; skim fat. Return cooking juices and meat to slow cooker. Stir in green onion. Serve on buns. If desired, top with jalapeno.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup meat mixture on 1 bun: 249 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as tropical pork in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.