Pineapple Mango Pulled Pork
I love mangoes and pineapple. They go so well with pork. Serve these little sandwiches with a spring salad. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cans (11.30 ounces each) mango nectar
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 Hawaiian sweet hamburger buns
- Chopped jalapeno pepper, optional
- 1. Rub salt and pepper over roast. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix the mango nectar, pineapple, chutney, lemon juice and zest. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 6-8 hours. Cool slightly.
- 2. Remove roast from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Strain cooking juices, discarding fruit; skim fat. Return cooking juices and meat to slow cooker. Stir in green onion. Serve on buns. If desired, top with jalapeno.
1/2 cup meat mixture on 1 bun: 249 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC