Root Beer Pulled Pork Nachos
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) root beer or cola
- 12 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Pico de gallo, chopped green onions and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine pork roast and root beer. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; keep warm.
- To serve, drain pork. Layer tortilla chips with pork, cheese, tomatoes and, if desired, optional toppings. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 391 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2017
Oh my, this is so delicious! Make the meat for pulled pork sandwiches or do the nachos...can't go wrong! Crock pot makes this an easy entree that will be made often!
Sep 16, 2017
An easy recipe for pulled pork that resulted in a tender roast, but I was disappointed in the lack flavor. It was great with barbecue sauce on buns. But for nachos, we like more flavor and spice.
Aug 25, 2017
This is wonderful!! I used root beer and the end result was melt-in-your-mouth pork! This recipe is so versatile because you can do almost anything with it and the crock pot does all the work. Some of us had it with corn tortillas and all the condiments indicated in the recipe; others piled it on buns with barbecue sauce. Next time we'll try it on tortilla chips! This is my new go-to pulled pork recipe! Super easy and delicious!Volunteer Field Editor