- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 6 prepared corn muffins
- Lime wedges, optional
- Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over roast. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Transfer meat to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water, chipotle peppers and molasses, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with 2 forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, mango, lime juice, lime zest and remaining salt and pepper. Serve pork with muffins and, if desired, lime wedges; top with slaw.
2/3 cup pork mixture with 1 muffin and 1/2 cup slaw: 514 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.