Fig-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
I like to experiment with unique flavors and try to make the food look photo-worthy, too. But for my husband, the dish just has to taste good. Here's a supper that made us both happy. —Jean Gottfried, Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add preserves, juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and curry powder to same pan; bring to a boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.