Pineapple-Glazed Pork Roast
Some dinners are so simple and tasty they work for everyday family dinners or for entertaining company. This is the one that always gets me "oohs and aahs." —Nancy Whitford, Edwards, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small bowl, whisk preserves, mustard and basil; brush half of mixture over roast. Add pineapple to roasting pan. Roast 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- Remove roast from oven and brush with remaining glaze; tent loosely with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Using a slotted spoon, serve pineapple with pork.