Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2018
looks delicious I will try with some variations such as couscous and Moroccan harissa
Apr 22, 2018
Delicious bit the cooking time was off. Took over an hour and a half.
Nov 3, 2016
Family enjoyed this roast Cooked it in crock pot and also added mustard and cloves. Just enough sweetness and spices that gave it a nice flavor.
Mar 20, 2016
Cooked a pork sirloin roast in the crock pot on high with half of the sauce for 5 hours. Served the rest of the sauce with the meat. Everyone loved it! Also added the dry mustard and cloves as some other reviewers recommended.
Dec 31, 2013
Made for Christmas dinner. Awesome. Added the ground mustard and cloves as suggested by other reviewer and switched to whole berry sauce. Have already shared the recipe. Will make over and over.
Oct 17, 2013
This is a great way to use up left over cranberry sauce and it is delicious. I prepare it for thanksgiving dinner with the turkey as well as throughout the year.
Oct 8, 2013
I didn't have orange juice so I used a half cup of pineapple tidbits with juice and added a little powdered ginger as a spice. Delicious!
Apr 1, 2013
Quick to put together and delicious. Made for Easter and everyone loved it.
Mar 4, 2013
This was excellent. I did add the dry mustard and cloves to the glaze. I had a larger roast. It took a good 3.5 to 4hrs. I thought the 140 degrees sounded too low for pork to be done enough. I looked it up to make sure, and most of the info I found all said 160. So my hunch was correct. So I was expecting it to take longer. Also I don't think my oven is working just right either. Anyhow, it turned out delicious! I will certainly follow this recipe again.
Dec 14, 2012
I made this for Christmas dinner last year. It was such a big hit with the entire family that I will be making it for Christmas again this year!