Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 293 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 7, 2019
We loved it! I did cook the roast for a total of 90 minutes not 60 as directed and it was juicy and tender. I also substituted Grand Marnier for the orange juice, added a couple of dashes of ground cloves and a few dashes of cinnamon. We can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow!
May 17, 2019
It doesn't say how much brown sugar
Sep 28, 2018
looks delicious I will try with some variations such as couscous and Moroccan harissa
Apr 22, 2018
Delicious bit the cooking time was off. Took over an hour and a half.
Nov 3, 2016
Family enjoyed this roast Cooked it in crock pot and also added mustard and cloves. Just enough sweetness and spices that gave it a nice flavor.
Mar 20, 2016
Cooked a pork sirloin roast in the crock pot on high with half of the sauce for 5 hours. Served the rest of the sauce with the meat. Everyone loved it! Also added the dry mustard and cloves as some other reviewers recommended.
Dec 31, 2013
Made for Christmas dinner. Awesome. Added the ground mustard and cloves as suggested by other reviewer and switched to whole berry sauce. Have already shared the recipe. Will make over and over.
Oct 17, 2013
This is a great way to use up left over cranberry sauce and it is delicious. I prepare it for thanksgiving dinner with the turkey as well as throughout the year.
Oct 8, 2013
I didn't have orange juice so I used a half cup of pineapple tidbits with juice and added a little powdered ginger as a spice. Delicious!
Apr 1, 2013
Quick to put together and delicious. Made for Easter and everyone loved it.