Cranberry Sweet-and-Sour Pork
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- Hot cooked rice, chow mein noodles or crispy wonton strips
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in cranberry and barbecue sauces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry pork in oil for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add green pepper and pineapple to pan; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with rice, noodles or wonton strips. Freeze option: Place cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 268 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 25, 2017
Not a good choice to spend time making. We love stir fry but this went down the disposal.
Apr 9, 2014
It was ok. My son liked everything except the green pepper. I particularly don't like sweet food. I this for other people to enjoy.
Nov 1, 2013
Everyone loved it! In fact, I was asked if I made it from scratch! Very easy to do - esp., if you want a quick supper!
Oct 2, 2013
5 star! Hubby and I loved it Will definitely make again soon. Also used jellied cranberry sauce since that's what I had on hand. MaryC
Jun 8, 2013
Delicious recipe as is, whole family loves.
May 14, 2013
This recipe has earned a permanent spot on my list of go-to meals! Couple subs I made are- I use jellied cran. sauce instead of whole berry and one of those lunch-size pineapple cups instead of juice and tidbits.
Feb 25, 2013
The sauce was good. I made it without the peppers and served it over white rice. Both my kids ate it without a complaint. I count that a success!
Nov 5, 2012
Sauce was a hit! I used thin pork loin chops and simmered in the sauce on the stove while the rice was cooking. Served over the rice.
Jan 23, 2012
Very very good. Pork was tender, sauce was perfect. We had it over rice.
Jan 3, 2012
I added carrots and onions. Even my "picky" husband liked it :-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.