Sweet & Sour Pork Ribs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 bone-in country-style pork ribs (3 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in the vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat. Serve ribs with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 468 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 20, 2019
Just tried this - so good! Made so much, we had it twice; I cut up the leftover meat, added chunked pineapple
Jun 6, 2015
Very good and easy!!!
Dec 21, 2013
One of our favorite crock pot recipes!
Dec 9, 2011
This was well-received by the family. I would definitely make this again.