Glazed Roasted Pineapple
These delightful pineapple slices have a wonderful aroma that we absolutely love. Raspberry sorbet is an ideal accompaniment, but you could serve the pineapple with other sorbet flavors, too. Agnes Ward - Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry sorbet
- Peel pineapple; cut into six wedges. Cut wedges lengthwise to remove core; cut each widthwise into four pieces. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish; top with pineapple. Combine the brown sugar, honey, pie spice and extract; spoon over pineapple.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon cooking juices over the top. Serve warm with sorbet.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Pineapple in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008
Jul 24, 2011
I did this one with a few minor changes. I doubled the recipe to have both basting and topping, I did this one on a charcoal grill for smoky flavor, and I used a 1/4 cup of spiced rum instead of extract. Came out awesome!