Pineapple-Glazed Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Drain pineapple well, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Sprinkle chicken with seasonings. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown thighs on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add drained pineapple; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and reserved juice. Add chicken; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir pineapple mixture until slightly thickened. Spoon over chicken; serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup pineapple mixture: 328 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2018
Used pineapple tidbits and served over white jasmine rice. Family enjoyed!
Dec 22, 2016
Delicious! I prepared this dish with two skinless bone-in chicken thighs and an 8-ounce can of pineapple chunks. I used all of the juice from the pineapple and added 1/3 cup of chicken broth (thickened with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch) at the end. And it didn't even take longer to cook; I microwaved the thighs on high for 1-1/2 minutes while I finished the sauce. My husband complimented his meal several times while he devoured it. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.