Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir in pineapple and onions; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with about 1/4 cup sauce : 238 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jan 14, 2013
I have been doing new recipes every day of the new year and so far this has been the best. I put it over some brown rice with green beans. Yummy!!!
Jul 23, 2012
Easy recipe to prepare. Instead of breast halves, we cut the chicken into bite size pieces. The flavor was *amazing*. Even the kids (11 & 14) said it needed to become a regular on the menu rotation! Excellent!!!
Jun 17, 2012
I made this but used fresh black cherries and it was simple to make and very tasty. The meal was well received by my family. I didn't have quite enough sweet and sour sauce so made up the difference with orange marmalade.
Apr 24, 2012
Very tasty. Sweet & fresh. Easy to prepare. Will make again.
Aug 2, 2011
loved it was real easy to make and tasted great.will make it again
Jun 8, 2011
Super easy to prepare and was delicious
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.