Honey Pineapple Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Strain cooking liquid, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple with the chicken. Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 455 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Apr 26, 2018
These are great but I also left out the Browning step. Made it even quicker to put together
Feb 9, 2015
My Mom is handicapped, elderly and cannot get out much anymore. Finding new things to eat that are appealing to her is a tedious task. I made this for her (and me). She and I loved it! Anything that makes my Mom want seconds, at her age, is a 5 star . I did cube the chicken before frying to allow it to cook quicker and make it easier for my mother to handle. Great recipe!!
Mar 2, 2014
For some reason my chicken was dry too. Perhaps I cooked it to long when I was browning it. Next time I think I will avoid that step. Great flavor and no complained. Will make it again.
Sep 18, 2013
This is a little sweet as others stated, but so good! I have made it many times since first published, even for a Christmas buffet. You can sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder to give a little more balance to the sweetness of this dish, I too serve it with white rice. My super picky little boy loves this chicken, it is the only meat he doesn't put ketchup on! I often shred the leftover chicken and we have pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches the next day.
May 30, 2011
This was excellent. I served it over white rice with steamed broccoli on the side. Very moist and very good.
Jan 30, 2011
The chicken turned out dry and was a little too sweet.
Apr 26, 2010
This was a little too sweet for my taste but my husband loved it.
Apr 14, 2010
Soooo good! I will make this again and again! Taste's really yummy over rice.
Feb 22, 2010
We didn't care for this one. It sounded good, though.
Feb 21, 2010
I fixed this for dinner last night. It was really good and so easy. I followed others that posted on this and had rice and steamed vegetables with it. It was different from most anything else we usually have, but we all enjoyed it. I will be cooking it again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.