Chicken with Pineapple Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Minced chives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Pour half of the sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting several times with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 4, 2017
The pineapple with rhis chicken reminds me of debate over pineapple and pizza. I love pineapple on anything and this chicken turned out awesome!!
May 24, 2017
This is my recependant from now on
Aug 8, 2014
Made this for company and they were wild about it! It really is delicious, served over rice.
Apr 14, 2014
This is a great recipe, quick and easy with ingredients that are already on hand most of the time. However, the nutritional information given is completely inaccurate!! I track points with weight watchers and used the information provided to calculate points and it calculated to 2 points. (boneless, skinless chicken breast is 3 points for 4 oz.) I entered the entire recipe and it came out to 8 points! Huge difference!! It's still a relatively healthy entree, just not as healthy as the numbers provided lead you to believe.
Oct 30, 2013
This was really quick, easy & good to make. Was almost like a sweet & sour chicken. Will definitely make again. It did take about 40 minutes for the chicken to bake though & not 25. Served it with broccoli & rice.
Jun 14, 2012
Whoever thought it only takes 25 minutes to cook 4 chicken breasts must have a super oven. Took my chicken over an hour! It was okay but definitely misleading on time. Not a quick after work dinner.
Sep 24, 2011
I ended up overcooking my chicken and it turned out a little dry, but with the mouth salivating sauce it was still delicious! I will definitely try this again!
Mar 22, 2011
I cook it just like edankers did, but next time I'd add a little extra cornstarch because the sauce didn't thicken up enough. My family loved it.
Feb 23, 2011
I increased the cooking time and temperature (400 degrees) as my chicken breasts were thicker and taking longer to cook.
Sep 27, 2010
I made this recipe tonight. It's very quick and easy. I have a very picky husband and he loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.