"My son and our friends often spend a day fishing," writes JoAnn McGuane of Spring, Texas. "This is one of my favorite ways to serve their catch."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 fresh or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and ginger; stir in pineapple juice until blended. Add honey and soy sauce. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Pour half into a small serving bowl.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with glaze.
- Meanwhile, grill pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through, basting frequently with glaze. Serve fish with pineapple and reserved glaze.