Pineapple-Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Hot cooked brown rice
- 1. Drain pineapple well, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Sprinkle chicken with seasonings. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown thighs on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add drained pineapple; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and reserved juice. Add chicken; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken to a serving plate; keep warm.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir pineapple mixture until slightly thickened. Spoon over chicken; serve with rice.
1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup pineapple mixture: 328 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Mar 8, 2018
Used pineapple tidbits and served over white jasmine rice. Family enjoyed!
Dec 22, 2016
Delicious! I prepared this dish with two skinless bone-in chicken thighs and an 8-ounce can of pineapple chunks. I used all of the juice from the pineapple and added 1/3 cup of chicken broth (thickened with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch) at the end. And it didn't even take longer to cook; I microwaved the thighs on high for 1-1/2 minutes while I finished the sauce. My husband complimented his meal several times while he devoured it. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.