Apple-Glazed Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add juice and thyme to skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Return chicken to pan; cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with about 1 tablespoon glaze: 204 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 13, 2017
Very tasty and not difficult to make. I let the chicken brown really well on both sides and let it cook in the sauce while I prepared the rest of dinner. So it definitely cooked longer than the 3-4 minutes but the sauce was able to thicken very nicely.
May 26, 2016
This recipe is very good. I did add a little red pepper flakes to cut the sweetness of the apple juice. I gave it 4 stars only because I don't think you could get the chicken done in the time and method the recipe states. I browned the chicken, put it in my Dutch oven, poured the sauce over it and baked it at 350* until the chicken was totally done. I served the thighs and sauce over basmati rice with green beans.